Innovative Health Solutions (IHS) plays a leadership role in connecting public and private organizations to create healthier and equitable communities for all through our ParkRx program. Parks provide so much more than spaces to be physically active. They are a place of community, a place to meet friends, a place for neighbors to relax, children to play and a place for everyone to enjoy all the added benefits of being in nature.
ParkRx has the vision of establishing a multi-sector coalition engaging health providers, parks and recreational agencies and community stakeholders to increase park visits and physical activity among low-income patients.
The program is responsible for the following key activities:
- Support the creation of a multi-sector ParkRx collaborative.
- Assist with identifying key stakeholders to become members of the coalition.
- Facilitate planning meetings with key stakeholders to identify areas of collaboration, barriers to implementation, and appropriate park programming.
- Develop a ParkRx collective impact action plan including goals, strategies communications, and outcomes.
- Develop a ParkRx outreach and communication plan to increase park usage among low-income youth and families.
- Co-create ParkRx assessment survey to assess interest, barriers and needs of low-income patients, families and/or youth and identify ways to address barriers and/or incentivize recreational opportunities that appeal to low-income patients, youth and families.
- Co-develop ParkRx promotional materials and resources to increase outreach and awareness of ParkRx opportunities that meet patients’ interest and abilities.
- Design a site based ParkRx program to support chronic disease prevention and quality improvement medical billing plans.
- Assess quality improvement and chronic disease billing activities and identify opportunities to integrate ParkRx programming
Napa County Park Prescription is a program where public land agencies, healthcare providers, and community partners work together to encourage Napa County residents to utilize parks, trails, and open space to improve individual and community health.
We encourage you to stay active and enjoy nature. Download the OuterSpatial Application below to complete the activities and enter to win a PRIZE!
Caring for our community means having safe activities and places to have fun. There are many beautiful parks with playgrounds across Solano County. We want sidewalks and bike paths that make parks easily accessible, and neighborhoods where people feel safe to be physically active.
Making sure there are safe ways to get to and from schools, parks, public transit, and worksites is vital to a healthy community. Being physically active helps reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and other cardiovascular diseases. Walking, biking, or engaging in your favorite physical activities promotes good health and vitality!
If you are active, having fun and keeping yourself and family safe, tag us on Instagram or Twitter using #VibeSolano. You can also post your favorite pictures of you and your family safely on the go on our Facebook page!
Please explore our additional resources below to further your ParkRx adventures with OuterSpatial.